Public & Products Liability Claim
The policy provides protection for legal liability to the public (third parties) for bodily injury and/or damage to property and protects the insured party for amounts for which they are legally liable. The policy covers any insured activity of the insured anywhere within the Commonwealth of Australia.
The public liability policy is not a personal accident policy. Negligence of the insured, its employees or volunteers would have to be proven by the claimant.
All insured’s have a duty of care to all members of the public.
All insured’s have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for members of the public. The humble slip and fall on a wet surface is a major cause of liability claims.
Products Liability insurance forms part of the Public Liability policy and relates to liability for goods sold or supplied.
- Full details of the accident with names and addresses of witnesses should be obtained.
- Do not admit any liability or offer to make any payment to any person.
- Do not reply to any correspondence received.
- All claims should be reported to AIS Insurance Brokers immediately.
* Insurers may request further information depending upon the circumstances of your claim