Motor Vehicle Claims
In the event of an accident involving another vehicle, please observe the following procedure:
- Do not admit any liability or offer to make any payment
- Obtain registration number of other vehicle
- name, address and phone number of owner and their insurer
- name, license number, address and phone number of driver of other vehicle
- date, time and place of accident
- names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses
- details of damage to the other vehicle or property
If your vehicle is drivable: obtain a quotation for repair from a panel beater of your choice and then contact us as soon as practical so we can discuss assessment requirements with you and get insurer’s authority for repairs to commence. Please note that majority of Insurers have their own panel of repairers that you can use. All repairs carried out by one of the preferred repairers are guaranteed for life by your insurer and usually do not require an assessor to attend.
If your car cannot be driven: have it towed to a panel beater of your choice. Make sure that you make a note of the tow truck operator’s details and the repairer’s details. Advise us of the vehicles location as soon as practical so we can discuss assessment requirements with you and get insurer’s authority for repairs to commence.
Where the likelihood of any injury claim exists a claim needs to be lodged with the vehicle’s current CTP insurer.
Once repairs are completed we will assist with the recovery of your policy excess if you are not at fault. If you are not at fault and damage is less than your policy excess will assist with the recovery of your repair costs from the party at fault.
Under no circumstances should any correspondence from any third party be answered, just forward to us for your insurer to respond
* Insurers may request further information depending upon the circumstances of your claim